ClearSite™ for Canadian Organizations
HR Services for Small Canadian Business
We don't just offer ClearSite products to create employee manuals or handbooks.
We also provide cost effective HR services!
Are you a small Canadian business struggling without an HR Foundation in Place?
QuickStart HR™ services by ConnectsUs is specifically suited to small business with between 25 and 75 employees delivered by professionals with no less than 15 years of HR experience.
Led by and often implemented by Ariane Laird, our services will jump start your organizational people practices and provide small business owners and managers with the necessary knowledge and tools to develop and maintain a successful and cost effective Human Resource function.
Most importantly, learn what's important to us, and how we do business (values).
Choose from a menu of the following HR services:
- HR Audit (find out what you have and what you need)
- Setting up an HR Function for your business
- Creating Employee Database
- Creating Organizational Chart
- Employee On-line Survey
- Implementing Policies & Procedures or employee handbook
- Creating Performance Review Systems
- Creating systems for Performance Improvement Plan or Termination Process
- Customized Hiring Process
- Process/controls - opening new positions
- collecting, filing, and distributing resumes
- Interviewing, reference checking, and personality profiling
- Offer letters and employment agreements
- Process for new hire arrival
- Creating a compelling Career Page on Website
- HR Generalist Services - Transactional HR
- HR strategy and priorities aligned with business goals
- Salary comparisons to market
- Employee incentive/bonus plan
- Job descriptions for all unique positions
- Manager training
- Orientation program
- Training of HR delegate in your company
- Hiring a full-time or part-time HR professional who is right for your company
- Services are only available to companies with less than 75 employees.
- Deliverables will require the support and cooperation of client's point of contact.
- Services are provided for a minimum of 1 day and a maximum of 2 days a week. (Smaller companies usually cannot allocate the time and resources above 2 days a week to initially support HR)
- Schedule and specific deliverables to be determined by client and ConnectsUs.
- We are located in Vancouver, British Columbia, but we have clients outside of BC. For customers outside the Vancouver area, services are provided by telephone and web conference supplied by ConnectsUs. (Web conference is an easy-to-use tool that provides instant on-line collaboration.)
The Human Resources function can be overwhelming when one has neither the time nor the resources to hire a specialist. Compliance with laws and regulations, while creating people processes and information, clarity and alignment, is especially challenging for small businesses.
ConnectsUs' HR services is ideal for smaller companies with up to 75 employees who need to create an HR foundation, but don't know where to start.
When a company begins to introduce HR, it is important to start with the basics and to focus on programs that are right for the stage of the company. Too often, companies begin with complicated and over-sophisticated people programs that don't match the size of the company or its available resources - often resulting in "buy-in failure" and discontinued programs.
The truth is that 70% of HR systems are the same for every company, and we've created the 70% engine with ClearSite. ConnectsUs focuses on customizing the remaining 30% that is unique to your company which translates into cost savings and efficiency for your company.
HR processes can then be maintained by an existing company resource or, if feasible, a future full-time or part-time HR practitioner.
ConnectsUs understands the requirements of small companies and uses the tools provided in Microsoft Office® (Word, Excel, and hyper-linking) to create HR systems. No new applications to purchase, learn, or maintain. The most important aspect of creating an HR foundation is to establish HR systems and flows and collect and maintain data. Once the company outgrows the use of MS Office®, all data can easily be transferred to a more sophisticated technology platform.
If you believe your business success is determined by attracting and retaining top talent, how much quality effort is going towards managing your human resources?
Very often, smaller organizations have their Accounting, Sales & Marketing, and Administration processes in place but operate without fundamental HR best practices. Imagine your accounting department functioning without the basics of an accounting system or processes in place.
Without HR structure or know-how, it is difficult to manage the most expensive and valuable resource in any company - people.
Contact us for more information. We would be happy to discuss your needs.
The ConnectsUs Team
Creators of ClearSite™