ClearSite™ for Canadian Organizations
Credit Card Security
We have partnered with Payment Processing Inc. (PPI) for processing on line credit card transactions. PPI provides the best security available in the payment industry, using the latest 128-bit Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology. The PPI system includes the following:
- Real-time monitoring of systems activity to provide immediate response to abnormal systems behavior and attempted security breaches 24.7.365.
- Physical and logical security audit approved by Ernst & Young and PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP.
- 100% Payment Card Industry (PCI) compliance, exceeding security requirements for access to data, firewall integrity, encryption of stored data and physical security.
What is SSL?
SSL, or Secure Socket Layer, is a protocol designed to facilitate the secure transferring of information over the World Wide Web. SSL works by authenticating the server's identity, along with the user's identity, and sending encrypted information through the channel, protected from prying eyes.
How do I know it is safe?
During your visit on our website, you'll know that the information or transaction you are transmitting (such as credit card information) is secure if you see one of the following:
- URL: Your URL shows "https://" at the beginning of the URL. The "s" after "http" means that the page is secure.
- Netscape Browser: a full yellow key in a blue box in the lower left-hand corner of your browser
- Internet Explorer: a full "lock" in the status bar
What component of your order is secure?
Once you are in the "checkout" process, each and every page is secured with SSL encryption. All personal, billing and credit card information is secure.
Alternative ways to order
If you are not comfortable placing your order over the internet, we are always happy to take your order by phone, fax or mail. See Other Ways To Buy.